Home  |  Gallery  |  Forum  Register  |  Sign In  

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-03 11:50:24

marvin

Ansel Adams

The greatest landscape photographer of all time?

#2 2004-11-26 00:15:11

tobydeveson
Website

Re: Ansel Adams

simple answer? no. overrated. Fantastic technique, some beautiful images, but above that, nothing. Missing that extra spark, that elusive something.

#3 2005-01-06 15:48:21

christian nze

Adams did a great jjob but what do you think about Kenna is last wotk is quite impressive. you may check www.michaelkenna.net

Christian
www.contactprintersguild.com

#4 2006-07-12 00:26:22

curtis
Website

He was very good and helped put BW photography into the realm of art. 
He is most certainly DEAD. 
He has taken his last great photograph!
His books will help teach those who will read!
I think I am my favorite landscape photographer of all time.  |Ha!

I haven't done a body of work as good as his yet! 
Time is relative!  I will eventally!  Yosemite is still there.  He is still dead!

CNPHOTO.jpg

Last edited by curtis (2006-09-16 15:04:43)

#5 2010-02-01 19:01:13

curtis
Website

Mr Adams WAS good at photography.  I studied him when I first learned to use the tool a camera can be.
The times have changed and there is no longer a need to use the ZONE System. 
A camera and a printer today can still beat the best master of old  -accidentally.

It is still possible to take most of the images that Mr Adams did throughout his life.

We should remember that it is very much a fact that he helped enshrine Yosemite that it is.
I would like to have heard him play the piano.

His first collected photo might have been "Rose on Driftwood"?
I was driven by the same love of beauty and of photography and decided to to a similar work of art.

Mr Adams could see the beauty of a rose his wife had given him and according to some stories  sought a background to do a close-up of it on. Like he said, "We need a little earth to stand on, to run through our fingers. Perhaps photography can do this. I'm going to try, anyhow".  I think he did just that.

Ms Nancy_Newhall  was an early American photography critic. Her last book was titled "The Fight for Photography as a Fine Art" and this book was originally released in 1975 or the year after she died at sixty-six.

Ms Newhall wrote, "A rose on driftwood indoors on a dark day could glow softly", when announcing the lovely photograph by Mr Adams.  The world might have never known of Yosemite or Adams had Albert M Bender not first published Mr Adams Rose?

"Wild Rose and Salvaged Barn Wood" by Curtis Neeley is a much more touching story and as lovely piece of photography.  It is less expensive in the open edition than you will likely find of Mr Adams.

I put links directly to mine and his although his would be hard to miss on any search engine.
Google whom I have sued in Federal Court finds his "Rose on Driftwood"

You can see part of why I am suing Google Inc be following the following Google Inc Safe Image Search for my name.  "Curtis Neeley" and you will see that it is NOT child safe.

Board footer