Home  |  Gallery  |  Forum  Register  |  Sign In  

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-21 07:53:00

New member
Registered: 2005-09-21
Posts: 1


I am very new to the world of adjusting and manipulating photos.
My question is, how can I fix the pixilation on a standup size photo.
I am a crafter and I have a new client that needs stand-up size figures
for a prodject.
Please help me if you can.


#2 2005-12-02 08:46:57

New member
Registered: 2005-12-02
Posts: 1

Re: pixilation

Obviously, you can buy any number of good graphics programs.  But for free, you can get some de-pixellation with IrfanView, for example.  http://www.irfanview.com/

Open the file, then resize it with Image / Resize.  Change the Width (or Height) to four times the original value.  Save the file and view it.  The program interpolates to create three new pixels after each original pixel.  The result is a smoother image.  You should also try changing the original value for width to your screen resolution width.  YRMV.

Programs which have a "smoothing" menu item, such as Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop LE, are available for purchase (on eBay, if you can get an unregistered copy).  This automates the above process or accomplishes something similar.

You're welcome.


Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Artring.com | Artring.de