Home  |  Gallery  |  Forum  Register  |  Sign In  

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-04 17:11:37

Pia

What does it take to become a sucessful artist?

I am new here and art is my pation. I love to paint and love to learn. But what does it really take to become a successful artist. Is it simply based on skills or is thre something else. What do you think is the best way to market your art? Would appreciate some feedback about my paintings. I don't have a web site but a post on here.

Thanks, Pia

caged.jpg

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/piaruehles/caged.jpg[/img]

#2 2006-09-07 18:57:30

americannj
Website

Re: What does it take to become a sucessful artist?

Hi Pia: I lik your imagery...though a painting of a person being hanged seems shocking to me. I guess this is a person contimplating suicide or something. So, it seems to me you have a great deal of talent, thouh I do hope that not all of your work is going in that direction.

In my opinion talent is only half of what it takes to become successful at anything. The other half is either luck, or a driven personality. By that I mean, someone has got to sell your work for it to be successful. That someone is often the artist themselves or an agent (gallery etc.).

think about putting your work together in a convenient format (internet or print) and get people in the business to review it. Not everyone will like it, but if you find the right person (and that is where luck comes in)...you might be the next Picasso!

My work is a bit different than yours, photography of beautiful models!

Board footer